The following steps you should have done before S curve is generated.
- Establish WBS
- Adding activities, Activity codes, Activity sequencing
- Define resource dictionary
- Assign activity resource and budgeted man hour
- Save as a baseline schedule
- Record the actual status when the actual works are done and schedule it based on report date
Plan data can be produced if the steps 1 to 5 are done. The actual data also can be exported if all the steps are done. Suppose you have already done all these steps as we are learning about how to generate S-curve/ Histogram chart from P6 in this post.
There is more than one method to generate the time-based S curve and histogram chart from P6. The related posts you might be interested are How to Get Resource Loading Histogram/S Curve in Primavera P6 and Creating discipline wise manpower histogram using Primavera P6 export data. This post demonstrates how these curves are produced by using Excel export data from Primavera, P6. Use the following procedures;
- Open the selected project
- On the menu bar, go to View >> Toolbars >> Directory to see “Assignments” tag
. Click on the layout area and mark on Resource Usage Spreadsheet as shown in figure below.
10. Point the mouse to anywhere on the resource usage spreadsheet field area and click on Display button. Go to spreadsheet fields >> customize as shown in figure below.
15. Then click on the shading area and select all. And then copy and paste the data to excel. See figure below.